St. Peter Parish
A Parish Home to Grow in Holiness
100 Argyle St, Regina, SK S4R 4C3
In the Archdiocese of Regina
Office: 306-545-4411, email@example.com
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (closed lunch hour)
Emergencies-only line, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.: 306-807-0960
(Only for anointing, dying and reporting death)
To the eleven children who received First Reconciliation on Wednesday, May 15, your parish family is very happy for you! Savor and enjoy the graces that God loves to give you! To the fourteen who will receive Confirmation and First Eucharist this Friday at Mass starting at 7:00 p.m., may these special gifts always energize your journey to God, with God.
News and Special Events
• Mass with Confirmation and First Eucharist will be this Friday, May 24, at 7:00 p.m. The parish thanks in advance the Very Rev. Fr. Lorne Crozon, Vicar General of our archdiocese, for coming. There will be no 8:30 a.m. Mass or Eucharistic adoration that morning.
• May is a month for special devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Thanks to our CWL ladies for leading the Rosary before weekend Masses.
• The Parish Office will be closed this Monday for the Victoria Day holiday.
• Art classes led by our Youth Coordinator, Dawna DeCorby for youth aged 8 to 18 are planned for every Monday in July and August, to explore colour and learn to paint with acrylics. Registration forms will be put out early next week. A registration fee of $20 is payable to St. Peter Parish, and deadline for registering is Monday, June 17.
• There is a new directive for Altar Coordinators, Ministers of the Body of Christ, and Ministers of the Sacred Cup. Please find details by the sign-in schedule at the back of the church.
• Parishioners are invited to bring small clothes (socks, etc.), stuffed animals, and toiletries (incl. toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.) and ladies’ disposable products to donate to the home shelters. Ladies at the back of the church will be receiving these items until the second weekend of June. Please phone Monica at 306-543-1433 for more info.
• There will be a CWL wind-up on June 1 at Niki’s Café at 7:00 p.m. Tickets ($15) will be sold before Saturday and Sunday Masses next weekend (May 18-19) and the weekend after (May 25-26) in the church entrance.
• The Provincial CWL Convention will be in Humboldt on June 2 and 3. For more details, please contact Pat at 306-924-0418.
• On Sunday, May 26, at 5:00 p.m., the second annual Santacruzan event will be held at St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church. Santacruzan is the commemoration of the day that St. Helena found the true cross of Christ. This liturgical event began in the Philippines and was first celebrated here in Regina by St. Mary’s in May, 2018. For more information, see the poster on our bulletin board.
• O’Neill High School invites us to join on May 30 for Mass celebrating the Ascension, at 11:30 a.m. Please see the sign-up sheet (just initial if you hope to come) at the back.
• On Wednesday, Apr. 10, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI published an essay On the Roots of the Sexual Abuse Crisis. Copies are available at the back of the church, and online at Catholic News Agency.
• St. Cecilia parish has room for more subscribers for Formed, the most extensive library of great Catholic audio, video and books on the Internet! Please click here for more information.
• “In Canada, everyone has the right to their faith and their conscience.” People, therefore, who for reasons of faith and/or conscience cannot assist in any way in another’s suicide, must not be forced out of their professions on that account. Provincial governments are in a position to safeguard healthcare workers rights. If you did not sign a letter asking our provincial government to recognize this right of conscience, please click here for more information and a letter to send in.
• If you would like to receive the bulletin by e-mail, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Refugee families with connections in Regina, some in our Catholic parishes and Catholic schools, need help. Although St. Peter Parish is not in a position to sponsor them, if you wish to make a donation for them, please contact our Archdiocesan Social Justice office for further information: 306-352-1651 Ext. 222. They can put you in contact with a parish that is raising money for refugees at this time.
• “Share the Journey.” Development and Peace, the Canadian part of Caritas International, raises money to help the poorest and most in need all over the world. To donate to them, please see the website, www.devp.org.
Please see our bulletin and insert (see above), if you haven’t already, for more on what’s happening at St. Peter Parish and in our Archdiocese.