St. Peter Parish
A Parish Home to Grow in Holiness
100 Argyle St, Regina, SK S4R 4C3
In the Archdiocese of Regina
Office: 306-545-4411, email@example.com
Aug. 19 – Sept. 6 Office hours: Monday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and Wednesday, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Emergencies-only line, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.: 306-807-0960
(Only for anointing, dying and reporting death)
St. Peter Parish values the importance of love for family, finding oneself in God and community, tranquility, attentive listening, understanding, caring, compassion and healing of body and soul.
News and Special Events
• Happy holidays to all our schools’ students, teachers, staff; and congratulations to graduates! Special blessings to Mr. Bill Weir of St. Peter School, who is transferring to St. Jerome’s school.
There have been two notices of clergy moves in the Archdiocese. Please click to read.
• From Aug. 19 – Sept. 6, office hours will be Monday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Wednesday, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., and Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; but the office will be closed on the Labor Day holiday.
• Students in the summer art classes have asked for more. Art classes will be extended into September and October, and new students can register and begin in August. Fall classes are expected to be once a week. Further details can be found on new registration forms at the back of the church. A volunteer helper from the parish is needed in August. Please contact Dawna at 306-543-6533 for details.
• Please click here to for details on workshops coming up on “How to successfully sponsor a refugee with the Archiepiscopal Corporation of Regina”
• Please click here for details on times of free walk-in counselling at Catholic Family Services.
• “The Knights of Columbus of St. Peter’s Council would like to thank the students and staff of St. Luke, St. Peter, St. Timothy and O’Neill High School for the wonderful year we had. We were made to feel so welcome as we participated in the many activities that happened this school year. We hope the wonderful staff and students have a very relaxing and safe summer vacation. God bless!”
• Problems were found in the parish’s sound system, which is being worked on. More details to come.
• Thank you to everyone who donated items for the women’s shelters. Isabel Johnson, Transition House, Sofia House and Wish Safe House greatly appreciated your generosity.
• On Wednesday, Apr. 10, Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI published an essay On the Roots of the Sexual Abuse Crisis. Copies are available at the back of the church, and online at Catholic News Agency.
• St. Cecilia parish has room for more subscribers for Formed, the most extensive library of great Catholic audio, video and books on the Internet! Please click here for more information.
• “In Canada, everyone has the right to their faith and their conscience.” People, therefore, who for reasons of faith and/or conscience cannot assist in any way in another’s suicide, must not be forced out of their professions on that account. Provincial governments are in a position to safeguard healthcare workers rights. If you did not sign a letter asking our provincial government to recognize this right of conscience, please click here for more information and a letter to send in.
• If you would like to receive the bulletin by e-mail, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Refugee families with connections in Regina, some in our Catholic parishes and Catholic schools, need help. Although St. Peter Parish is not in a position to sponsor them, if you wish to make a donation for them, please contact our Archdiocesan Social Justice office for further information: 306-352-1651 Ext. 222. They can put you in contact with a parish that is raising money for refugees at this time.
• “Share the Journey.” Development and Peace, the Canadian part of Caritas International, raises money to help the poorest and most in need all over the world. To donate to them, please see the website, www.devp.org.
Please see our bulletin and insert (see above), if you haven’t already, for more on what’s happening at St. Peter Parish and in our Archdiocese.