St. Peter Parish
A Parish Home to Grow in Holiness
100 Argyle St, Regina, SK S4R 4C3
In the Archdiocese of Regina
Office: 306-545-4411, email@example.com
Office hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (closed lunch hour)
Emergencies-only line, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.: 306-807-0960
(Only for anointing, dying and reporting death)
We are sad to see you go, Paulette, and we thank you with deep gratitude and prayer for the blessing you have been to St. Peter Parish. You poured great energy and generosity into your work, here and in our Catholic schools, and the Lord touched many people through your good works. May God bless you and your family always! The Parish invites all parishioners to continue to support Paulette with your prayers.
News and Special Events
•Users of the Internet are strongly encouraged to read Pope Francis’ recent message for the 53rd World Communication Day.
• This week, we were touched and surprised to receive a donation of $700 from St. Peter School’s CSCC fundraiser. Thank you and bless you! Fr. Ferdinand will say a special Mass for them and all our wonderful Catholic schools on Saturday, Feb. 16.
•All are invited downstairs this Sunday to enjoy the companionship of your parish community over a delicious brunch, hosted by our Knights of Columbus from 10:00 a.m. – noon.
• Thank you to the Ladies’ and Men’s Auxiliary for putting on the Warm your Heart with chili and hotdog event this Saturday!
• The Parish Office will be closed Monday, Feb. 18, for Family Day.
• Next Sunday, all are invited to stay after Mass for fellowship and goodies, especially those celebrating birthdays or anniversaries this month. We have a sign-up sheet at the back for anyone who would like to serve the parish by donating goodies, setting up, or cleaning up, for our fourth Saturday and Sunday after-Mass fellowship. Thanks in advance to those who sign up to help.
• Businesses whose work is compatible with Catholic faith and morals to have their business card printed on back of the bulletins, $250 per year. Please contact us for more details.
• Some Donation envelope sets for 2019 were destroyed in the vandalism. If you didn’t have a set for 2018, but would like a set for 2019, or if you have changed address, please contact the Parish Office.
• The Bishops of Saskatchewan have partnered with the Sask. Knights of Columbus Charitable Foundation to create the Sask. K of C Vocations Endowment. The proceeds will be disbursed on an annual basis equally to each seminarian throughout all Saskatchewan Dioceses and Eparchy to help defray the $33,000.00 per year it costs to educate each Seminarian. The Knights of Columbus will match your donation, up to a total of $250,000 of donations. Please view the website www.saskkofcfoundation.com for further details and make a contribution. The bishops, dioceses, K of C and Catholic faithful thank you in advance for your generous support.
• If you would like to receive the bulletin by e-mail, please e-mail Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Refugee families with connections in Regina, some in our Catholic parishes and Catholic schools, need help. Although St. Peter Parish is not in a position to sponsor them, if you wish to make a donation for them, please contact our Archdiocesan Social Justice office for further information: 306-352-1651 Ext. 222. They can put you in contact with a parish that is raising money for refugees at this time.
• “Share the Journey.” Development and Peace, the Canadian part of Caritas International, raises money to help the poorest and most in need all over the world. To donate to them, please see the website, www.devp.org.
Please see our bulletin and insert (see above), if you haven’t already, for more on what’s happening at St. Peter Parish and in our Archdiocese.